Have you ever thought about adding a mango to your salad? If you haven’t, you don’t know what you are missing! Aside from the obvious deliciousness that they add, they are a good source of fiber, which helps our gut, and antioxidants which hep prevent damage to our cells. They also contain vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system and may fight chronic and inflammatory diseases. Vitamin C is also involved in the production of collagen for our skin. Mangos also contain nutrients which support eye and skin health and served with fabulously healthy vegetables, this is a nutrient packed salad, which could be served with your main meal as a side, or with some protein like chickpeas, cannelloni beans etc for your lunch.
- 1 Mango
- Red Pepper
- Yellow Pepper
- 2 Cos Lettuce (mixed colours would be great)
- 1/3 Cucumber
- 1 Scallion
- Dressing (1 tablespoon of Tamari [Gluten Free Soya Sauce] 1 tablespoon of juice from a lime, 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon of maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds and season with a little salt & pepper)
- Peel and slice the mango into batons
- Slice 1/2 of each pepper and the other vegetables baton style also
- Shred the Lettuce
- Mix all together well in a large bowl
- Toss the salad in the dressing
- Sprinkle with chopped cashew nuts and garnish with some fresh parsley
The ingredients are so good but the dressing really amps up the flavour. You will be able to use the dressing on other salads too so don’t be afraid to make extra because it will keep in a glass jar out of direct sunlight for a few weeks.