This Strawberry Mousse is super easy to make and gluten and dairy free in case those are an issue for you.
Smooth, rich and refreshing. You could use any soft fruit (bananas, raspberries, mangoes). I used strawberries in this one, which were homegrown in my neighbour’s garden. This little strawberry mousse dessert contains immune boosting vitamins in the berries and seeds, protein in the seeds, which is not only raw material for repair but also helps to keep you feeling full, and healthy fats in the seeds and coconut cream. Tastes like a treat too!
- Tin of Coconut Milk
- Cornflour (4 Tablespoons)
- Water (3 Tablespoons)
- 350g Strawberries
- Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds Mixed (1 Tablespoon)
- Honey (2 Tablespoons)
- Dark Chocolate
- Pop the tin of Coconut Milk into your fridge for half an hour before you start (this makes the cream rise to the top and separate from the coconut water)
- Take 4 tablespoons of cornflower and mix with 3 tablespoons of water, whisking with a fork to make sure there are no lumps
- Put all of the cream from the tin of coconut milk into a saucepan and heat gently, then add the cornflower paste slowly, whisking all the time over the low heat for about 5 minutes. It will be thick and gloopy. Leave it to cool.
- Once you have removed the stalks, pop about 350g of berries into a bowl or blender
- Add the mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and the coconut mixture
- Blend in a blender or using hand blender in bowl until mixed well
- Spoon into glasses or ramekins, sprinkle with some more seeds and chill in fridge for 2 hours
- Shave over some dark chocolate to serve
This made four portions and is a really lovely light dessert or snack!