This recipe is a delicious and nutritious warming breakfast option for the weekend with wholegrain fiber, egg protein, berry antioxidants and even a wee pinch of cinnamon to help balance blood sugars. Pop it in the oven, head out for a walk and arrive home to a delicious smell in your kitchen.
- 3 Slices of Wholegrain Gluten Free Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Dessertspoon of Honey
- 1 Cup Oatmilk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ – 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to your taste)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Natural Yoghurt
- Preheat the over to 180 deg C
- Cube the bread and place in a baking disk
- Whisk the eggs and add the honey, oatmilk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and soak for 20 minutes
- Cover with your choice of mixed berries and place in the over for 1 hour
- Serve with a drizzle of natural yoghurt and maple syrup
This dish is a cosy and warming treat for an autumn or winter Sunday morning!