Did you know that when your anti-oxidant status is low, your anxiety can be higher? Just one more great reason to eat more fruit and vegetables. Plums contain Vitamin C, K, A, folate, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and calcium as well as fibre. So, they are fabulous for your heart, muscles, bones and gut health!! This rice pudding is made with coconut milk and so is dairy free.
- 50g Pudding Rice
- 1 tin of Coconut Milk
- 1 Dessertspoon of Oat milk
- 4 plums
- Slice the plums and saute in a little honey over a low to medium heat
- Add your rice and coconut milk to a saucepan over a high heat until almost boiling
- Turn down to a low heat to simmer and stir regularly
- Add the Oat Milk as it thickens
- When cooked to the consistency you like, taste and if you need to sweeten, add a teaspoon of honey
- Serve and add the plums and a scoop of vegan ice cream
This is comfort food heaven for the winter months. In addition to the health benefits from the plums, rice pudding contains vitamins and minerals including Vitamins B1 and B2 and Potassium and Magnesium. The coconut milk is a healthy fat, contains electrolytes, anti-oxidants, lauric acid (antiseptic), iron and zinc.
Of course, desserts are not for every day of the week and all the more special because of it!