Scrambled Eggs, Aubergine, Asparagus and Tomatoes might seem like a strange combination if you haven’t tried them before but I assure you, you will feel great after this breakfast (or even lunch). You may even have wondered what to do with Aubergines and how to use them in your meals. Like other purple vegetables, they are a great source of fibre, vitamins and minerals such as Vitamins B1 & B6, Potassium, Copper, Magnesium and Manganese. Their colour is due to the presence of an anti-oxidant called Nasunin and anti-oxidants are essential in our diet to help protect our cells against free radical damage.
To serve I used the aubergine as a base and piled the other ingredients on top so this can also be a good option if you are reducing your bread intake.
- Eggs x 2
- Asparagus (4 Stalks)
- Tomatoes x 1
- Pinch of sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Slice the Aubergine lengthways and use the thickest part
- Lightly brush the vegetables with rapeseed oil and season
- Place on a griddle
- Crack the eggs and mix well in a bowl with a splash of oatmilk and small dash of salt and black pepper
- Pour the eggs onto a non-stick pan over a medium heat and stir through until scrambled
- Turn the vegetables when soft and lightly griddle the other side – should only take a few minutes
- Use the Aubergine Slice as a base and pile on the asparagus and scrambled eggs with the tomatoes on the side.
Packed full of protein and anti-oxidants along with vitamins and minerals, this is definitely a great start to your day!