This is another great recipe for Oats and quick and easy to make to boot. The fibre in the oats and the protein in the nuts will help you to stay feeling full and slow down the release of glucose into your blood so they may a great filling and nutritious snack. However, there is some maple syrup in these Gluten Free Oat Flapjack Granola Bars so don’t eat them all at once of course!
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds & 3 Tbsp Water
40g Chopped Dried Fruit
1 Tsp Sea Salt
50g Dessicated Coconut (or coconut flakes)
50g Chopped Nuts
• Melt Maple Syrup and Coconut Oil gently in pan and take off heat when melted
• In a small bowl mix chia seeds and water well and gel will form
• Mix this 1 tsp at a time with the syrup and oil
• Beat the egg and mix with above (ensure mixture not too warm or eggs will scramble)
• Add in fruit, salt, oats, coconut and nuts and mix really well
• Put mixture into a greased baking pan in pre-heated oven (150 deg C) for 25-30 minutes
• When cooked, cool on a wire rack but slice before it goes completely cold
You can use whatever nuts and dried fruit you have in your store cupboard so switch the recipe up as often as you like! You could also use Quinoa flakes instead of oats for additional protein.